Wednesday, February 13, 2008

i have too much spare time in between lessons
not alot of it, really
but enough for my mind to wonder off
hence it would be nice to keep track of what im thinking of

this best describes my thoughts
after each lesson
its a child's life you are talking about
make or break it.
I've come to a frightening conclusion 
that i am the decisive element in the classroom.
It's my personal approach that determines the climate.
It's my daily mood that makes the weather. 
As a teacher, i possess a tremendous power 
to make a child's life miserable or joyous.
I can be a tool of torture or an instrument of inspiration.
I can humilate or humour, hurt or heal.
In all situations, it is my response that decides 
whether a crisis will be escalated or de-escalaed, 
and a child humanized or dehumanized.

Haim Ginott

(taken from one of the teacher's table that i relief)


 
children in school ... potential awaiting to be unleashed

2 comments:

Sharon said...

Hey! tat's a great write-up! it is so true indeed! that a teacher can do so many things that affects the child subtly! may you be an inspiration to the kids in your reliefing teaching period! =)

its me and me and me and me said...

haha thanks, have fun at work too!